Get the support you need to become a connected, calm and confident leader
Being a leader, manager or department chair can be isolating. When you face tough challenges in managing staff, board, faculty or volunteers you don’t often have the peer support that could help you with practical strategies, ideas and tools.
Lead With Agility Coaching
The C3 Circle is a coaching group for leaders who want peer support and coaching through your toughest challenges – and to get your inspiration and motivation back.
In the C3 Circle, leaders share real situations and receive feedback, ideas, insights and accountability from each other, facilitated by Debbie, Executive Coach (learn more about me here). You will also learn coaching skills, best practices and gain new tools for your work.
Is the Coaching Circle for me?
- I sometimes feel like I am “alone.” I would love to talk colleagues in similar positions with similar challenges.
- I wish someone who really knows what I go through could give me direct and timely feedback about my leadership.
- I am just starting out and want some guidance on tried and true strategies.
- I have been at this for quite some time – I crave more balance in my work, more joy in my life and better alignment with my values.
If any of these sound familiar to you, the C3 Circle might just be your answer!
C3 Circle for Leaders:
Connected, Calm and Confident
→Manager Coaching Circles info, contact Debbie:
→firstname.lastname@example.org (email) or 612.798.4908 (office)
C3 Circles are designed to:
Connect you with others who do what you do. You have an alliance of peers that support you and give you real time feedback.
Grow your Confidence to know what you are doing, by giving focused attention to your specific situation and challenges, and learning new skills and strategies you can use in your day to day relationships.
Generate the sense of Calm that comes from support, insights from like-minded peers and knowing what your next steps are. Soothe your anxieties so you go into stressful situations knowing what you will do and what you need to respond to.
|“I leave our coaching group meetings feeling a renewed energy to tackle the challenges facing me. I appreciate the opportunity to share with others some of the challenges and frustrations of this (at times) lonely job.”Cindy, Executive Director, College of Business Admin Foundation at SSU; (former ED of Intercultural Student Experiences and Chrysalis Center for Women)|
|“As a new executive director, I questioned everything – my job skills, business knowledge, industry knowledge, leadership, supervisory and communication skills.”Bert, Executive Director, House of Charity|
Contact Debbie to learn about
C3 Circles starting in 2019
email@example.com (email) or call 612.798.4908 (office)
Frequently Asked Questions/Comments
The Circle comes with new connections to others in similar roles and coaching skills training, critical for successful supervision and leadership.
What makes the Circles work? Leaders in my circles say that what makes the process work so incredibly well are the values of trust, confidentiality and a shared commitment to supporting each others’ goals of problem solving, reflection, learning and renewal.
What about confidentiality? Coaching Group members and I fully commit to and honor the understanding that all discussions engaged in and information provided will be kept strictly confidential.
Why would I need a facilitated group – can’t I get the same thing with my close friends together? Most of us put off connection, reflection and leadership development; Because it’s not urgent, we don’t make the time. Leaders in my circles say that committing to a group of like-minded colleagues means they get the focused attention they need to get the best return on time and energy.
C3 Circles are structured to be highly focused on members:
1. Sharing & getting coached on real life challenges and goals
2. Learning & practicing coaching skills, giving feedback, asking powerful questions
3. Helping each other learn from your experiences
4. Giving and getting support for learning and reaching your goals
|“It can be lonely at the top. I found the group is a great way to receive the needed support for very critical things in the day to day life for an executive director who has a myriad of stakeholders in a demanding new environment.”Barbara, Executive Director, Phyllis Wheatley Community Center|
How it works
- The Circle meets six to twelve times
- Confidentiality is assured
- Group size is limited to 8
- Each member completes a brief intake questionnaire regarding staff size, budget and mission
- Orientation to peer coaching and the Circle process
- Each member receives coaching from others in the Circle and Executive Coach Debbie
- Share and problem-solve real life challenges through coaching (insights, feedback, support, perspective, ideas, actions, accountability) from colleagues and an executive coach
- Gain tools and strategies for best practices in supervision, management. leadership and networking
- Learn, practice and master coaching skills to use with each other and within their departments and organizations
- Gain enhanced leadership skills including problem-solving and decision-making, listening, coaching and facilitating, learning from reflection and inquiry Members connect with each other for learning and support to:
- Participants will also learn and practice:
- Listening at an engaged level
- Using inquiry to draw forth best thinking from others
- Sharing for the sake of coaching others
How the Circle meetings are structured
In each session:
- Two or more people are coached by Debbie and the other C3 Circle members.
- Circle members give + receive feedback and support for new perspective, clarity, taking action and accountability.
- You will examine and address your unique challenges based on the Circle members’ real situations.
- Circle members learn and practice coaching skills.
What you will get from the C3 Circle:
Connection, Calm and Confidence and…
- A supportive learning community where you can feel inspired by the courage and creativity of fellow EDs, Chairs or Managers
- Confidential format to talk through your specific challenges with an Executive Coach and peers
- Tools and strategies for best practices from others who do what you do
- Ideas, insights, advice and perspective that is personal and practical
- Opportunities to learn from others’ challenges and how they deal with them
- Clarity about your strengths as a leader and how to leverage them
- Opportunity to learn and practice coaching skills to strengthen your relationships
- Your energy and enthusiasm back!
Want to learn more?
Schedule a C3 Circle information call with Debbie:
firstname.lastname@example.org (email) or call 612.798.4908 (office)
|“I can think of no other place where I can get such honest feedback that gently pushes me in the right direction.”Dori, former Executive Director, St. Paul Jewish Community Center; currently Community Consultant, Mandel Center for Excellence in Leadership and Management|
|“…It is so helpful to be in the company of folk who have had the same experiences and issues. The help of the EDs Circle is private, supportive, intelligent and USEFUL.” Fred, Former President and CEO, The City, Inc.|