Coaching Skills Training
Online Supervisor Coaching Lab
Mastering your supervision helps create strong employee engagement, high staff morale and great functioning teams. Presenters Debbie Okerlund and Lisa Negstad are teaming up with MCN to offer monthly one-hour virtual supervisor coaching lab sessions to help you master your supervisor skills. Each session is on the third Thursday of the month from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Each session will center on a specific supervision topic and will include a mix of teaching and content. These labs will also allow you to immediately apply skills or techniques to your work situation. They are geared towards people who are new to supervision as well as those who want ongoing content to renew their supervision practices. The labs are also relevant for those who supervise volunteers.
- January 17, 2019, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. – Effective One-on-One Conversations
Learn practical tools for one of the most effective practices for supervisors: regular one-on-one conversations.
- February 21, 2019, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. – Transforming Difficult Conversations
Learn a process for transforming a potentially difficult conversation into an opportunity for growth.
- March 21, 2019, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. – Supervising Remotely
Discover methods to overcome the barriers that remote supervision creates and learn how to build healthy working relationships even if you aren’t able to meet and work together in person.
- April 18, 2019, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. – Meeting Management and Facilitation
Understand the difference between running and facilitating a meeting and learn tools to facilitate productive, focused, energizing meetings.
- May 16, 2019, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.– How to Engage Employees
Explore why employee engagement is such a complex topic and learn practical, concrete ways you can improve employee engagement.
- June 20, 2019, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. – Onboarding
Understand the essentials needed to develop a successful process to bring new staff into your organization.
Coaching Skills for Leaders & Managers,
Parts 1 and 2
Register for One-day Trainings:
Audience workshops are best for:
Executive directors and CEOs, department chairs, program managers, supervisors and educators.
Managing people takes time and unique skills. This interactive, skills-practice workshop gives leaders and managers useful tools to engage staff to take initiative, problem solve with confidence and be energized to do their best work.
A coaching framework in your leadership “tool box” helps you:
- engage others to take more initiative
- empower others to be responsible and accountable
- create all-round better organizational communication
- have more time and energy to really lead and manage
Workshop Learning Outcomes
You will learn and practice:
- A solid four-point framework for all coaching conversations
- The components of a coaching mindset
- Four primary coaching skills
You will also learn how to master techniques to:
- Listen at an engaged level
- Use inquiry to draw forth best thinking from others
- Deliver effective, forthright and direct feedback
- Add value to every conversation
Benefits – the training lays the groundwork to help you:
- Determine situations when coaching is appropriate for helping others reach a higher level of performance
- Balance instructive and facilitative styles of leadership so that the employee or peer partnership bring better results
- Use four key skills as a foundation for helping others develop better thinking and more task ownership
- Use coaching for performance empowerment, enhancement and improvement through on the job development
- Move people through challenges, decisions, lack of motivation or confidence to higher levels of performance
- Leave conversations with clarity and agreement
- Create all-round better organizational communication
Interested in a training for your organization?
Contact: Debbie Okerlund, Executive Coach & Trainer